Course Basics in Clinical AromaCare in Health Care Hong Kong
(For English see below)
Course Basics in Clinical AromaCare in Health Care
This course will offer you solid yet easy to manage foundation knowledge and skill in Clinical AromaCare to enhance your (nursing) care in health care. Offering AromaCare to patients in clinical settings (but also in your own environment) is much more than “just a scent”. We are there to help you learn how you too can offer the best of nature safely and effectively to patients.
This course is great for you if you:
- Are a nurse, social worker, physiotherapist or other professional health care worker and preferably work directly with patients in home care or health care facility;
- Wish to add extra comfort and wellbeing to your existing scope of practice;
- Are looking for the ideal combination of state of the art knowledge, discussing cases and gaining practical skills;
- Are willing to give yourself and your clients / patients this gift of intensive studies that will contribute to your practise;
- Wish to learn how AromaCare can safely be used to enhance your care for patients in your clinical environment or home care;
- Wish to learn more on how to incorporate AromaCare and its application methods in every day patient care;
- Wish to start with a small yet well designed program, with a limited yet broad ranged number of essential oils and basics for a variety of health care issues, that can be simple to use and implement.
- Wish to use this course as a basis to further educate yourself in AromaCare for special patient groups, such as in Oncology, Palliative Care, Elderly Care, Pain Management, Mouth Care, Skin and Wound Care Management.
Holistic AromaCare in (Nursing) Care
You can make a significant difference in patient wellbeing in your hospital or nursing home ward, hospice or home care.
In AromaCare fragrant essential oils, CO2 extracts and a range of base oils and base compounds are used to improve health and wellbeing. Nowadays their medicinal properties are often backed by scientific research. Aromatics can be very efficient in the complementary treatment of physical challenges, such as inflammations and several types of pain. There are also oils that can highly contribute to the prevention and tackling of MRSA. Many aromatics have extensive skin restoring properties as well. Some promote blood flow and can be used at a badly perfused skin or tissues. Some oils can also be extremely useful for the respiratory tract, others for mouth care and digestive issues.
AromaCare and fragrant essential oils and CO2 extracts can also have a profound impact on our emotional and mental, and also our spiritual wellbeing. After all, scent is a sense that can highly influence our mood. We strive to help you choose the right (combination of) fragrance to help patients with emotional and spiritual issues. Think of sadness, uncertainty, anxiety, shock and deep rooted fears, stress, nervousness, restlessness or insomnia, to name just a few. On a social wellbeing level, we’ll teach you how to improve ambiance and dispel of nasty odours too.
The effect of AromaCare is of course depending on many factors including: their ingredients and actions, the quality of the raw materials; patient medical and personal history including an overview of existing medication from all origin, knowledge of possible interactions, the absorption capacity of the skin and mucous membranes, the ideal and safe dosage in relation to the individual client, etc.
In addition to this, the method of administration (diffusion, inhalation, massage, baths, etc.) and of course how a scent(combination) is perceived by the recipient is also of huge importance..
In this course we will offer you the basics you need for safe and effective applications. In just 3 days we will offer you insights on the use of base oils and compounds, 20 essential oils, (hand) massage and other applications such as foot baths and diffusion, inhalation and compresses.
Day 1 – program:
Botanical aspects, extraction methods and quality of essential oils and CO2’s, the role of scent in well-being of fragile patients, application methods, safety, a first overview of the 20 essential oils and CO2’s of this course.
Practice: inhaler making.
Day 2 program:
Base oils and compounds. Extended overview of the 20 essential oils and CO2’s. Massage, relevant theory to hand massage.
Practice: hand massage oil making and hand massage.
Day 3 program:
Putting theory into practice for simple blends and advice in clinical patient care.
Practice: guided imagery exercise; making skin care product.
A program modest in design, yet great in offering expertise by the best of the best of our Kicozo team: Teachers Madeleine Kerkhof and Kaman Cheung, expert teachers of Kicozo Hong Kong will be your tutors. Speaking both English and Chinese, they will make it easy for you to start working with AromaCare in Health Care.
To be announced
A reader/handout in English and Chinese;
Highest quality essential oils, CO2’s, base products;
Kicozo’s highly rated care protocols;
Coffee/tea, light snacks.