Did you know…
- that aromatherapy is becoming increasingly acknowledged for its benefits in health care, and especially in end of life care?
- that it is the life’s work of Madeleine Kerkhof to provide you with that support, illustrated by recipes, case studies, photo’s and back ground information on safety and excellent advice on how to work with aromatherapy (and other complementary modalities) in patient care?
- that the book Complementantary Nursing in End of Life Care offers you the best of clinical aromatherpy, aquacare and massage techniques in palliative care, not just for nurses, but also for all other health care professionals, such as aromatherapists?
Complementary Nursing in End of Life Care
(including aromatherapy, aquacare, massage, relaxation)
Are you a (semi) professional in palliative and end of life care? Let this book be your guide in giving more comfort and symptom relief to your patients.
In this book, the very first of its kind, nurses, physicians and other palliative care workers, aromatherapist, massage therapists and herbalists alike will find a wealth of well-founded information on AromaCare and the way some 30 essential oils and a small but well-chosen range of base oils and other base substances can be used in end of life care.
You will find a full chapter on simple but wholesome massage techniques and a chapter on aquacare, which allows you to offer patients the great benefits of warm compresses, washings, affusions and baths. Also a short chapter on possible implementation routes is incorporated.
All other chapters will offer you comprehensive information on symptoms in palliative stages, such as pain, dyspnoea, nausea, itch, wound and mouth care, anxiety, depression, sleeplessness and spiritual issues. You will find background information on these symptoms and how complementary care can be of enormous value to the quality of life and dying.
The author: Madeleine Kerkhof: “I am honoured to share my passion, expertise, skills and recipes with you to make AromaCare and complementary interventions in palliative care as accessible as possible. I sincerely hope that you, with the assistance of this book may help to spread professional and well-founded complementary nursing care across the globe to enhance wellbeing of patients and their loved ones in the last stages of life.”
Available from: the author/publisher (world wide shipment*), Nature’s Gift (USA) and Yatlina (United Kingdom).
Price 69.95 euro excl. packaging & postage.
Order through firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a payment link. Upon reception of your payment we will get it out to you as soon as possible.
If you order directly from Madeleine, you can request her to will sign your copy personally.
* We will not send anything to some countries in the world, notably those in severe conflict and/or where postal services are disrupted or inadeqaute. In those cases you may wish to have it sent to a (more) trustworthy address.
* Deadline for December orders is December 26, 2023. You will receive a payment request for payment in advance.
Arrival before Christmas not guaranteed. If you wish to gift it to someone, make a nice gift voucher, just in case.