Did you know…
- that aromatherapy is becoming increasingly acknowledged for its benefits in health care, not just in palliative care but in all settings, from pain management and cancer care to dementia care and skin and wound care?
- that reading up on the latest available information, backed up by case studies and science may support you enormously as a health care provider and practitioner?
- that it is the life’s work of Madeleine Kerkhof to provide you with that support, illustrated by case studies, recipes, photo’s and back ground information on safety and excellent advice on how to work with aromatherapy (and other complementary modalities) in patient care?
- that she has just published her grand new work Clinical Aromacare (and way beyond “clinical”) in May this year:
Clinical Aromacare, Aromatherapy in Health Care & Practice
Don’t miss this chance to deepen your knowledge on clinical aromacare with the latest evidence and experience based information, cases & recipes
This thoroughly referenced book will offer you:
- comprehensive basic knowledge on aromacare – aromatherapy in chapter 1.
- quality, chemistry and safety in chapter 2
- guidance along a diverse range of administration routes, the Clinical Reasoning model and assessment tools, Madeleine’s views on current general research, toped up with a clever conversion table for formulation and dosing, in chapter 3
- a deep dive into the world of scent perception and its influence on our emotions and the efficacy of aromatic treatments for a variety of patient groups, in chapter 4
- Madeleine’s favourite base oils, including CO2’s used as such, and other base compounds *1 in chapter 5
- Madeleine’s favourite ssential oils and CO2 extracts used as such *2 in chapter 6
- a whole chapter (7) featuring Specials on different topics, illustrated with compelling case stories, and suggestions for recipes, that provide inspiration on themes such as Anxiety, Stress and Agitation, Dementia Care, Sleep, Pain, Nausea, Oral Care and Digestion including Nausea and Constipation, on Skin and Wound Care, the Lungs and Respiratory Tract, Haematomas, Lines and Catheters, a large Special on Cancer Care, the basics of AquaCare and added protocols for practical application
- advice on implementation, writing case reports and initiating research in chapter 8
- building bridges – inspiring contributions on cases and aromatics from colleagues around the globe
- and illustrated further by countless studies, facts and figures, and of course by numerous photo’s.
ISBN number is 978-9-081767-48-4.
Price normally 79,95 euro excl. packaging & postage.
Available from the author (shipped world wide*), Nature’s Gift (USA) and Yatlina (United Kingdom).
Order through firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a payment link. Upon reception of your payment we will get it out to you as soon as possible.
If you order directly from Madeleine, you can request her to will sign your copy personally.
* we will not send anything to some countries in the world, notably those in severe conflict and/or where postal services are disrupted or inadeqaute. In those cases you may wish to have it sent to a (more) trustworthy address.
* Deadline for December orders is December 26, 2023. You will receive a payment request for payment in advance.
Arrival before Christmas not guaranteed. If you wish to gift it to someone, make a nice gift voucher, just in case.
Kicozo’s books, articles and teachings, written by globally respected expert Madeleine Kerkhof, are your ideal partners in gaining knowledge, the latest scientific data and insights, and of course a wealth of inspiration to enrich your care with non-pharmacological treatment options, and to enhance quality of life and health care.
Aromacare, or aromatherapy, has shown to be of great added value to those in the medical and nurses field, and in general or specialist therapeutic practice. Working with essential oils, CO2’s and related aromatics as part of integrative patient care requires knowledge and skill. The need for education and advice for safe and practical use is therefore increasing, as is the demand for sharing experiences through case reports and studies.
To ensure efficacy and wellbeing, optimal comfort and of course safety for vulnerable patients it is imperative to be well informed and equipped with the latest insights.
Perhaps taking a course (although at Kicozo we offer online training globally as well as in person education) is not on your path right now. In that case, or as a support for your existing knowledge and skills in aromatherapy, the book Clinical Aromacare was written.
Madeleine’s lovely friend and colleague Elizabeth Ashley Starns has honoured her work, not only with a brilliant piece on melissa, but also with a wonderful tribute to it on her YouTube channel:
Madeleine Kerkhof, the author:
“I have written this book especially for you, as a healthcare professional whose passion it is to offer holistic care in their setting, to inspire you to use essential oils and other aromatics, including CO2 extracts in a safe and beneficial way for a variety of health care issues. This may be pain, nausea, skin, wound and oral care, for lungs and airways, for restlessness, anxiety and stress.
In this day and age, I feel we need to nourish and support all aspects of health and wellbeing, on a physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual level. With this book I offer you aromatic tools to do that”.